Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things I wish I knew when I was 22

I found this online (thanks to Stumble) and I thought I would give it a go...
here's the link.

Okay, so I was 22 years old 6 & 1/2 years ago *sigh*.

So, the things I wish I knew when I was 22... where to start?...where to start?...

I wish I knew at 22 that the loser-abusive-jerkwad that I was dating would turn into said loser-abusive-jerkwad and he was not worth the time or effort that I put in to that relationship.

I wish I knew at 22 that getting involved with the above mentioned jerkwad would result in my heart aching endlessly from missing his children that I grew to love as my own.

I wish I knew at 22 that at 26 I would find my soulmate, fall deeply inlove with him and marry him 6 months after meeting him - I wouldn't have wasted my time with anybody else.

I wish I knew at 22 to take better care of myself and lose weight in order stop or lessen the symptoms of PCOS and maybe, just maybe - I would be a Mother by now.

I wish I knew at 22 that half the "crazy" stuff that my Mom said while I was growing up actually makes sense (don't you dare tell her I said that!)

I wish I knew at 22 that in 2009 the economy would crash - I would've put more money in the bank!

I wish I knew at 22 that I would need to educate myself on the fundamentals of professional baseball so that when I married my husband we would have more to talk about.

I wish I knew at 22 that the handsome native american indian man that I watched dance at a powwow would later end up being my step-dad and the only stable, unconditional, loving male role model I'd ever have and the best thing that ever happened to my Mom.

I wish I knew at 22 that I was beautiful, smart and worthy of so much more than what I was limiting myself to.

I wish I knew at 22 or atleast better realized that my grandmother's time on this earth was growing short - I would've made video recordings of her telling me her stories from when she was young. I would've recorded her making her silly little sounds and her giggle. I see a lot of her in myself and that makes me miss her even more.

-Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment